Not currently available in 2022
Introduces and develops student capacity to develop and conduct research projects, understand the research framework, and research publication and presentation. This unit is designed as part of a series of thesis units for the Science Honours Program (Science Honours Thesis I, II and III).
Content will depend on the individual honours project.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply research techniques and methodologies in scientific research|
|2||use scientific techniques in research, planning, and/or management|
|3||think critically about scientific techniques and methods used in research|
|4||interpret research data|
|5||present research findings in scientific and public forms|
|6||be aware of current scientific issues and methods|
|7||integrate scientific and management concepts and theories|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply research techniques and methodologies in scientific research
- use scientific techniques in research, planning, and/or management
- think critically about scientific techniques and methods used in research
- interpret research data
- present research findings in scientific and public forms
- be aware of current scientific issues and methods
- integrate scientific and management concepts and theories