Not currently available in 2022
PG Coursework Unit
Focuses on preparing for the Confirmation of Candidature (CoC) seminar and proposal which is a significant milestone in the EdD. It also focuses on issues such as the ethical conduct of research. Upon successful Confirmation, students are then supported by their supervisors in undertaking their research.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||articulate a sophisticated research aim and corresponding objectives|
|2||develop a theoretical framework clearly aligned to a research aim/problem|
|3||design a research methodology articulating ethical practices|
|4||detail research plan with a feasible timeline|
|5||write and present a Confirmation of Candidature research proposal and seminar|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- articulate a sophisticated research aim and corresponding objectives
- develop a theoretical framework clearly aligned to a research aim/problem
- design a research methodology articulating ethical practices
- detail research plan with a feasible timeline
- write and present a Confirmation of Candidature research proposal and seminar