UG Coursework Unit
Storytelling has an important and powerful role to play in the 21st century. Many different mediums and disciplines use storytelling to convey ideas, meaning and beliefs. This unit explores storytelling in its many forms from the tradition of oral storytelling to the use of storytelling in education, music, art, games and brands.
This unit combines the theoretical and the practical aspects of storytelling. First exploring the history of storytelling as an oral tradition through to the ways that storytelling is utilised in contemporary media such as games and advertising. The student will develop skills to create stories in a digital format in order to convey meaning to their chosen audience. Emphasis is placed in the student aligning what they do with their future professional context.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||articulate a knowledge of the history and cultural value of storytelling|
|2||explain the importance of storytelling in their particular professional context|
|3||create a personal narrative to explore digital storytelling|
|4||use different techniques to bring a story to a digital context|
|5||discuss their choices for type of story they tell and the context in which they tell it|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- articulate a knowledge of the history and cultural value of storytelling
- explain the importance of storytelling in their particular professional context
- create a personal narrative to explore digital storytelling
- use different techniques to bring a story to a digital context
- discuss their choices for type of story they tell and the context in which they tell it
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.