Unit of Study EDUC2006 - Technologies and Design: Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy I (2023)
Show me unit information for year
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
demonstrate a sound understanding of the role, rationale and content of the Technologies curriculum including opportunities to support literacy and numeracy
critically discuss pedagogical approaches to teaching 7-10 Technologies subjects including the management and use of appropriate resources and WH&S relevant to Technologies (including those to support literacy and numeracy) and the integration of ICT
develop teaching strategies for access and inclusivity in the classroom including those required to meet the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, NESB students, students with special needs and the literacy and numeracy needs of students
develop project-based programs, units of work and lesson plans for sequential learning that encourage creativity and innovation and include literacy and numeracy learning combined with design fair, reliable and valid assessment tasks both for learning and of learning
Prescribed learning resources
- Board of Studies NSW, 2003, Design and technology advice on programming and assessment, Board of Studies NSW, Sydney. ISBN: 1 7409 9841 3.
- Board of Studies NSW, 2003, Design and technology years 7–10 syllabus, Board of Studies NSW, Sydney. ISBN: 1 7409 9276 8.
- Board of Studies NSW, 2003, Technology (mandatory) advice on programming and assessment, Board of Studies NSW, Sydney. ISBN: 1 7409 9842.
- Board of Studies NSW, 2003, Technology (mandatory) years 7-8 syllabus, Board of Studies NSW, Sydney. ISBN: 1 7409 9277 6.
- Owen-Jackson, G (ed.), 2015, Learning to Teach Design and Technology in the Secondary School, 3rd edn, Routledge, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4RN. ISBN: ISBN:978-1-138-78525-0.
Computer with reliable Internet access and high broadband width.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.