PG Coursework Unit
Covers fundamental concepts of relational database management systems and Structured Query Language (SQL). Students will learn to design, build and optimze databases and construct queries to extract data from database systems. Furthermore, students will learn the importance of big data and security in database management.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse the needs for database management systems.|
|2||design and develop database models based on business requirements.|
|3||develop and execute SQL queries to retrieve information.|
|4||articulate the importance of big data and security in database management.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse the needs for database management systems.
- design and develop database models based on business requirements.
- develop and execute SQL queries to retrieve information.
- articulate the importance of big data and security in database management.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.