UG Coursework Unit
have successfully passed the unit COMP1001 - Data Communications and Networks.
Gives students an in-depth understanding of switched and wireless network technologies focusing on switched and wireless Local Area Network (LAN). Students will gain knowledge and skills by analysing major LAN protocols, prototyping and configuring high performance and high redundancy LANs in an industry standard simulation environment. Students will also learn to troubleshoot typical LAN issues.
1. Ethernet and Ethernet Switching
2. VLAN and Inter-VLAN Communication
3. High Performance and High Availability in Switched Networks
4. Fundamentals of Wireless Communications
5. Wireless Local Area Networks
6. High Performance and High Availability in Wireless LAN
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||compare and contrast LAN, VLAN and WLAN switching mechanisms|
|2||analyse and discuss major LAN and wireless LAN protocols|
|3||simulate and configure switched and wireless LANs in a simulation environment|
|4||implement high performance and high redundancy objectives in LAN design|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- compare and contrast LAN, VLAN and WLAN switching mechanisms
- analyse and discuss major LAN and wireless LAN protocols
- simulate and configure switched and wireless LANs in a simulation environment
- implement high performance and high redundancy objectives in LAN design
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.