UG Coursework Unit
have successfully passed COMP1001 - Data Communications and Networks
Gives students an in-depth understanding of network routing and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies. Students will gain knowledge and skills by analysing major Internet Protocol (IP) routing and link protocols, prototyping and configuring IP routing in an industry standard simulation environment. Students will also learn to troubleshoot typical IP routing issues.
1. Network Routing Concepts
2. Distance-vector routing
3. Link-state routing
4. High-performance and high-availability routing
5. WAN concepts and technologies
6. VPN concepts and technologies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||compare and contrast major network routing approaches|
|2||discuss and analyse major WAN and IP routing protocols|
|3||prototype and configure IP routing in a simulation environment|
|4||implement high performance and high redundancy objectives in IP routing|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- compare and contrast major network routing approaches
- discuss and analyse major WAN and IP routing protocols
- prototype and configure IP routing in a simulation environment
- implement high performance and high redundancy objectives in IP routing
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.