UG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
This discipline unit aims to develop students’ knowledge of the central concepts of music, visual art, dance and drama, as well as personal competence in these areas. The unit also explores creativity and the importance of creative arts.
- The role of creativity and the creative arts in contemporary life including an Australian perspective.
- Broad and critical knowledge and understanding of the range of academic disciplines related to the creative arts, including recent theory and practice, academic literacy and the role of technology in communicating the creative arts.
Practical experiences in the creative arts in relation to the following disciplines:
- dance: performing, composing and appreciating by engaging with the elements of dance through a range of contexts.
- drama: making, performing and appreciating by engaging in role, drama contexts, elements and forms.
- music: performing (singing, playing and moving), organising sound and listening by experiencing musical concepts within a wide range of repertoire.
- Visual arts: making and appreciating by engaging in concepts of the artist, artwork, the audience and the world through the use of a variety of subject matter and forms.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||explain why creativity and the creative arts are an essential part of contemporary life|
|2||demonstrate knowledge, skills and understanding across the range of creative arts|
|3||demonstrate personal growth and development in music, visual arts, dance/movement and drama|
|4||demonstrate skills and understandings in the use of technology and media to present information and to communicate with others|
|5||demonstrate skills in personal, academic and disciplinary literacies.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
explain why creativity and the creative arts are an essential part of contemporary life
demonstrate knowledge, skills and understanding across the range of creative arts
demonstrate personal growth and development in music, visual arts, dance/movement and drama
demonstrate skills and understandings in the use of technology and media to present information and to communicate with others
demonstrate skills in personal, academic and disciplinary literacies.
- No prescribed texts.