UG Coursework Unit
Increases students' financial literacy in order to understand and model the financial implications of business decisions, and to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including financial professionals and investors. Students will learn the fundamentals of how to model and forecast growth, build partnerships and develop a funding strategy for new ventures and business development opportunities.
1. Elements of funding strategies and sources of entrepreneurial finance
2. Financial modelling
3. Valuing principles and methods
4. Structuring and negotiating deals
5. Business exit strategies
6. Developing a funding strategy
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply financial management concepts to model financial data and value businesses and new ventures|
|2||explain how to set up and structure proprietary relationships|
|3||create a funding strategy for new ventures and business opportunities.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply financial management concepts to model financial data and value businesses and new ventures
- explain how to set up and structure proprietary relationships
- create a funding strategy for new ventures and business opportunities.
- No prescribed texts.