UG Coursework Unit
Introduces the contemporary global business environment, specifically, the opportunities and challenges international business managers need to navigate on a daily basis. This unit provides the knowledge and skills required to assess the ever-changing global business landscape, identify new markets, select the most appropriate market entry mode, and design sound international, marketing, and staffing strategies to compete, survive and grow international businesses in the twenty-first century.
Module 1: International business environment of the twenty-first century
Module 2: Regional economic integration and government intervention
Module 3: Culture, ethics and social responsibility
Module 4: Country risks and importance of emerging markets
Module 5: Market assessment and entry modes
Module 6: Marketing and staffing for international businesses
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||summarise the global business environment and the risks it involves|
|2||assess the ethical challenges and social responsibility of global businesses|
|3||analyse global opportunities and identify the markets with the greatest potential|
|4||recommend strategies for global businesses to navigate complex business environments.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- summarise the global business environment and the risks it involves
- assess the ethical challenges and social responsibility of global businesses
- analyse global opportunities and identify the markets with the greatest potential
- recommend strategies for global businesses to navigate complex business environments.
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Cavusgil, ST, Knight, G and Riesenberger, JR, 2019, International Business: The New Realities, Global Edition, 5th edn, Pearson, Australia. ISBN: 9781292303246 (Print version); 9781292303307 (eBook).