UG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
Examines the cellular and tissue organisation of the human body, the integument, osteology, arthrology, myology, the nervous system and special sensory organs, and the endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive systems. Students explore anatomical structures on human cadaveric specimens. Students use anatomical models and computers to provide a basis for understanding the structure and function of the human body.
1. Cellular and Tissue Organisation
2. The Integument
6. The Nervous System
7. The Sensory Organs
8. The Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Endocrine Systems
9. The Respiratory System
10. The Digestive System
11. The Urinary System
12. The Male and Female Reproductive System
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of the structural organisation of the human body from cellular to the system level|
|2||describe the inter-relationships of structure and function of selected systems of the human body|
|3||demonstrate an ability to identify body structures at microscopic and gross levels.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
demonstrate an understanding of the structural organisation of the human body from cellular to the system level
describe the inter-relationships of structure and function of selected systems of the human body
demonstrate an ability to identify body structures at microscopic and gross levels.
- This Text includes a value pack: Textbook-Human Anatomy PNIE + Pal CD + Atlas + Mastering A&P : Marieb, EN, Wilhelm, PB & Mallatt, JB , 2013, Human Anatomy , 7th , Pearson Education, Australia.. ISBN: ISBN: 9781486042562.
- Anatomy texts two years older than this one may be used too, but note that the figure and page numbers will then differ from Lectures: Marieb, Wilhelm & Mallatt, 2013, Human Anatomy, 7th edn, Pearson Education Australia, Australia. ISBN: 9781486042562..