UG Coursework Unit
Introduces the student to Studio Drawing as the foundation for all fine art study. Landscape drawing, life drawing and thematically-based project work form the basis of this unit. Using an analytical approach, media, content, and the artistic options of contemporary drawing practice will be explored. Students are encouraged to develop individuality and creativity within this context, helping to inform their other studio units.
- Drawing as a means of observation, note taking, the expression of ideas and a living tradition
- Contemporary conceptual issues connected to the face, the figure and the life model
- Contemporary versions of traditional art practices
- Drawing techniques, media investigations and compositional strategies
- Studio and folio drawings
- Critique and Evaluating drawings
- Research and the artistic process
- Journal development
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate a knowledge of selected conceptual issues underpinning contemporary drawing|
|2||demonstrate a knowledge of the art practice of contemporary artists|
|3||use a range of compositional strategies, drawing techniques and media in the production of drawings|
|4||employ drawing as a means of observation and note-taking and apply an understanding of the criteria for evaluating drawings.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate a knowledge of selected conceptual issues underpinning contemporary drawing
- demonstrate a knowledge of the art practice of contemporary artists
- use a range of compositional strategies, drawing techniques and media in the production of drawings
- employ drawing as a means of observation and note-taking and apply an understanding of the criteria for evaluating drawings.
- No prescribed texts.