Preparing for Success ProgramEnabling Course
Unleash your potential with our Preparing for Success Program (PSP). It doesn’t matter if you’re seeking a career change or didn't graduate from high school; university is a real option for you.
This flexible, fee-free course has been designed with you in mind. Open to Australian residents over the age of 18, you can study on campus or online, full-time over three months or part-time over a year. The course is taught in six week blocks so you can focus on one or two units at a time. Graduates gain direct entry into a range of Southern Cross University degrees*.
This award-winning program teaches you how to manage your time, write essays, undertake research and apply mathematical concepts, providing the skills you need to succeed at university and progress towards a new career.
Apply online today for this fee-free course.
- *Some courses also have additional entry requirements such as an interview or English language requirements. Please refer to the relevant course page for further information.
- For students completing the Preparing for Success Program who plan to gain entry into the Bachelor of Engineering Systems (Honours), if admission is offered on the basis of completion of the PSP, students need to achieve a Distinction or above in their maths unit UNIP1003 Problem Solving with Maths.
- For students completing the Preparing for Success Program (PSP) who plan to gain entry into the Bachelor of Midwifery, if admission is offered on the basis of completion of the PSP, students need to achieve a Credit average or above in the program.
The course comprises four units. Three compulsory units focus on individual and group management skills essential for successful university performance, effective research strategies and written communication, and practical numeracy skills. The fourth unit provides a choice of developing research and writing skills in the arts and business, or in the sciences.
|Location||Teaching period||UAC code||QTAC code|
|Coffs Harbour||Term 1 , Term 3 , Term 5||N/A||N/A|
|Gold Coast||Term 1 , Term 3 , Term 5||N/A||N/A|
|Lismore||Term 1 , Term 3 , Term 5||N/A||N/A|
|Online||Term 1 , Term 3 , Term 5||N/A||N/A|
We encourage you to apply for the courses you most want to study. If you are not eligible to enter your chosen course right now, our team will work with you to find the best pathway option.
Before applying, make sure you double check all entry requirements, gather required documentation and review the University’s Rules Relating to Awards, noting any specifics listed below.
To meet the requirements of this course students must complete the equivalent of 4 units (48 credit points) comprising:
- 3 core units (36 credit points), and
- 1 option unit (12 credit points).
Your course progression is in the recommended order you should complete your course in. It is important that you follow this to ensure you meet the course requirements. For further assistance see How to Enrol in Units using My Enrolment.
Students should use course progression information to select units specific to their course and enrol in these units using My Enrolment.
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Available||Credit points||Notes|
Complete the following units to satisfy the Requirements of the Award
|UNIP1001||Managing Your Study||
|UNIP1002||Communicating at University||
|UNIP1003||Problem Solving with Maths||